This message was deleted.
# citrix-vad
s
This message was deleted.
🤯 1
c
I seen there was an issue with Storefront 2203 CU4 as per https://t.co/vXxEUwFfbu
k
You think that would make session hosts become unresponsive though? We're seeing VDA's going down and not booting back into Windows, but in the Windows Repair.
c
nah that issue i posted is a Storefront issue and affects enumeration / session launches due to high load on the site DB, Sounds like you got some corruption in your MCS image i would run a chkdsk and a sfc /scanow on your image and check the event logs for any errors
k
Yeah... We're trying to pinpoint it. Just weird it started happening on both deployments we upgraded to CU4 though. I'm not ruling out some rotten MS patch, or maybe even the new FSLogix, but it's sure looking like a Citrix issue. (We have the new FSLogix deployed in more deployments already without incident.)
b
CU4 on VDA fixed my BSOD issues so far... WS2022 and W10 LTSC
c
when performing a VDA upgrade are you using the VDA cleanup util and then installing the newer VDA or are performing an in place upgrade of it ?
k
In place upgrade, to be honest. I just mount the new ISO and let the setup take care of the rest. Bad idea?
c
yeah i personally always run the VDA cleanup utility and reboot then install the newer VDA fresh as i experienced some weird issue in past with in place VDA upgrades
k
Hm... I'll give that a go in the smaller of the two deployments.
c
just make sure you know your command line / gui switches for VDA install so when you install fresh you dont miss something like Controllers/UPM/CWA/App-v plugin/remote assistance/Real time audio over udp ect
r
Have they updated the VDA cleanup Util to not remove WEM? Months ago it was removing WEM on 2 customers I was working with. I have not used it since. I moved away and did the logic in the scripts
I posted it somehwere on here.
4 months ago
k
Can't say. The installation I just cleaned up wasn't using WEM. The other one however is... if this pans out, I'll be sure to keep an eye on the WEM agent.
a
should i wait with upgrade to CU4?
b
a
ok, thanks. I'll leave the storefront behind for now 🙂
k
Using the cleanup tool and reinstalling CU4 didn't help. I had to do the cleanup once more, reinstall CU3 and now it's smooth sailing again. Putting all upgrades to CU4 on hold.
n
Looks like we may be having the same issue in our environment, just looked at our uptime and see a handful are rebooting.. will try the clean VDA install.
About 15 servers have hung in the last 48 hours
I don't see anything in the logs either other than a dirty shutdown occurred.
k
Hate to see you in the same boat as me, Nick. But also glad I'm not going mad :)
n
Ugh, worst part is, there’s nothing to track it down it just randomly reboots without warning or error.
b
Can you pls open a support case and share the case number?