2 WEM questions. 1) Is there a list of features t...
# citrix-wem
r
2 WEM questions. 1) Is there a list of features that are still lacking for the Web console to be at full parity with Legacy console? 2) Is there a list somewhere of exactly what settings are imported when restoring the 'recommended settings'?
r
Not certain if there is a list. But the docs do show what is available in legacy and web.
⤴️ 1
s
There is no such list for now. But as Ray has said, the documents show the features in the web and legacy. @Yan Wang, any comments? thanks!
y
Hi Robert, Ray, I send a draft summary via Slack to you. Thanks a lot!
thankyou 1
r
Thanks @Yan Wang
@Robert Peck For the “restoring recommend settings” something I found that this helps me as a base. The WEM service vs the WEM on premise part. The WEM on premise part has this, where it appears the WEM service doest have a recommendation of default settings that I seen yet from my that service setup. Perhaps I missed it but I checked again and not something I see at this time. But here is what I do. I take the same version on premise and import the recommended settings into the setup on Prem. When I say the same verison I ensure the WEM on premise part matches what version is offered in the WEM service. Now you have to have the web console on premise to be able to Export the on premise settings via web console, which then will allow you to import it into the WEM service. I then proceed to check settings to ensure settings are ported over properly.Then I use that as a base moving forward inside my WEM service for a config set. The export part for this is a json file therefor web console is a must for the on premises part. Now, I advise you to test this and I take no responsibility for anything you blow up here. This is advice I giving to aide you to help. I’m unsure if this is supported but I ensure everything matches and it does help me here.
r
"I take no responsibility for anything you blow up here." Thank you Ray, I appreciate your response. You should consider a second career as a lawyer with this penchant you have for writing disclaimers. 🙂
r
Lol well, I need to just ensure folks have common sense and don't do something just because I gave advice. My advice is based on experience and sometimes workarounds. Nothing against you per say. But I'm sure you know and understand:)