<!channel> Please give me a :nf-core-zoom: on this...
# pipeline-maintainers
j
<!channel> Please give me a nf core zoom on this message if you are planning on joining the nf-core March 2026 hackathon (https://nf-co.re/events/2026/hackathon-march-2026)
nf core zoom 35
Alright: @Evangelos Karatzas @Rayan Hassaïne @Nicolas Vannieuwkerke @Yuxin Ning @Sofia Stamouli @Sarai @Daniel Lundin @Lili Andersson-Li @Matthias De Smet @Martin Beracochea @Louis Le Nézet @Daniel Straub @Carolin Schwitalla @mashehu @Franziska Bonath @Kübra Narcı @Phil Ewels @Gary Burnett @Jonas S @Nick Waters @Julian Uszkoreit @AMMAR SABIR @Ken Brewer @Anabella Trigila @Usman Who are you are planning and/or would be willing to host/lead an official project for your preferred pipeline? Please give me a nf core party ?
nf core party 2
(you will be @Rike Hanssen’s favourite people of the week if you do)
s
I will do one for taxprofiler
d
I might work on ampliseq and/or bacass. But its too early to tell what exactly at the moment. I can register a project once I decided 😉
n
We will probably do one for the Nextflow GCP plugin. (possibly another one too but that's still undecided)
p
I'll probably do one called "Trying to stop the hackathon infrastructure from crumbling to the floor in a pile of burning terraform configs" this is fine fire (joke notreallyjoking pleasedon'twritethatonthewebsite)
party claude 1
🤣 7
s
I'm planning to do one for viralrecon! I'm still talking with my supervisors about how to do it
e
proteinfamilies / proteinannotator / seqsubmit
m
We will work on seqsubmit
l
I will work on phaseimpute !
m
I will work on the quiz 😉
j
We will work on mspepid, trying to push it forward to a first dev-release.
k
I will work on variantbenchmarking
f
I will work on seqinspector and we are currently debating if it should be on-site in Uppsala or online, so people outside of Sweden can join. But there will be a group either way.
k
Is there anyone here around Heidelberg considering joining in-place? This year I dont have anyone to organise with :D
r
GCP plugin work (and potentially more!) with @Nicolas Vannieuwkerke in Brussels ! 😄
🙌 2
c
I will work on lsmquant (in tübingen and online) and already opened a PR to the website🙂
a
I would work on #C0775L31Q2G, would try to push it to first release
g
My goal is to integrate more GPU modules into the pipelines and, if possible, work on improving the documentation for GPU development.
n
I’ll be working on funcprofiler. If anyone here is in North Carolina I’m happy to organize a local hub. let me know!
a
We are coordinating with some colleagues, since attendees will have different levels of expertise. We might do modules but we have not yet decided.
j
OK then @Sofia Stamouli @Daniel Straub @Nicolas Vannieuwkerke @Sarai @Evangelos Karatzas @Martin Beracochea @Louis Le Nézet @Julian Uszkoreit @Kübra Narcı @Franziska Bonath @Carolin Schwitalla @AMMAR SABIR @Nick Waters could you all please make PRs onto the nf-core website with a Markdown file for each of your pipelines/projects, includeding a 'goal' 'descprtion' and 'task' section, and post the PR when it's ready here, and we can do rapid reviews for you. If you're not sure yet if it will be online/local hub feel free to put 'TBC' in location.
👍 1
e
Already made one for #C07URFZF074..Will do so for #C084HP11VPF after its first release. And then coordinate with Martin for #C09F9HR0A9E
n
I'm just waiting for confirmation from Google, should be okay in one of the following days. I'll do the PR asap
🙌 2
j
@Sofia Stamouli @Daniel Straub @Nicolas Vannieuwkerke @Sarai @Martin Beracochea @Louis Le Nézet @Julian Uszkoreit @Kübra Narcı @Franziska Bonath @Carolin Schwitalla @AMMAR SABIR Reminder to post your website PRs here please 🙏
✅ 1
s
Will open a PR today
n
Local site has been added, just working out the details of the project. I'll add it this week
p
The registration form is going live today, like.. nowish
That lists local sites, so please try to be as fast as possible
We want folks to register ASAP, and we want to associate people with local sites wherever possible
👍 2
k
I will open PR soon, just wanted to clarify the tasks to offer
🙏🏻 1
p
General advice to all: local site pages can always be updated, so it's best for us if it can be added ASAP - even if it's just a stub at this point.
this 1
This includes also if you're not certain it'll go ahead - if you need to cancel we can always email folks who signed up and reassign them to online
m
We have the local site already in place -- I'll the seqsumit project one this week
👍🏻 1
p
Registration is now live, we'll need to update the reg form with local sites as we go. If you know yours is happening then feel free to say in this thread and we can update the reg form right away.
🙌 1
d
c
p
@Daniel Straub - added ✅
🎉 1
l
j
j
@Nicolas Vannieuwkerke @Sarai @Franziska Bonath @AMMAR SABIR Reminder 😉 I ask as once it's in I have one final task for everyone 😬
f
It is Matilda that put in the seqinspector PR
s
Thank you for the reminder @James Fellows Yates! I had a meeting today with my team to see how to organize the local node in Madrid for bacass and viralrecon! I'll be adding the local node today and the projects we will try to have them this week!
👍 1
r
a
Would everyone be ok with having a hackathon project for topic migration in modules? Our attendees might have different levels of expertise and I want to have a project/issues that can be easily done by newcomers.
party this 1
m
yes, we had this on a list of projects already from the core side, but never got added it seems. Please go ahead and thanks for leading
❤️ 1
a
I will do the PR today, just trying to get some more information from other fellows in the project
❤️ 1
n
I'll try and do it today
r
s
I created the local hub in madrid and the viralrecon project yesterday! 😊
n
a
https://github.com/nf-core/website/pull/3808 PR for evexplorer nf-core hackathon
j
Alright thank you very mcuh to all of @Evangelos Karatzas @Rayan Hassaïne @Nicolas Vannieuwkerke @Yuxin Ning @Sofia Stamouli @Sarai @Daniel Lundin @Lili Andersson-Li @Matthias De Smet @Martin Beracochea @Louis Le Nézet @Daniel Straub @Carolin Schwitalla @mashehu @Franziska Bonath @Kübra Narcı @Phil Ewels @Gary Burnett @Jonas S @Nick Waters @Julian Uszkoreit @AMMAR SABIR @Ken Brewer @Anabella Trigila @Usman ! YOUR FINAL TASK: we need project boards to with tasks for progress tracking, and make it easier for you to recruit potential team members 💪 Here are the instructions: 1. Prepare on your own repository (e.g. pipelines, modules, whatever), issues with a good description of what to do 2. Go to the Hackathon Mar. 2026 project board on Github: https://github.com/orgs/nf-core/projects/146 3. Post the issues on the relevant column on the 'Group overview' tab 4. Switch to the relevant tab for the group (e.g. Pipeline for pipeline-related projects) 5. Scroll to the bottom to 'No project' 6. Click on your issues, then on the issues window that opens, under the 'Projects' side bar, assign the 'Project' to your relevant hackathon project label Note: If you do NOT find a hackathon project label, please let me know so I can make it Note note: you can skip the project board entirely, and do everything on your own repo using the 'Projects' side bar, but we recommend doing 1-6 for the first few issues so you know the structure layout If you have any questions about the project board, feel free to ping me with any questions P.S. don't forget to register, even if you've put a project on the website! https://nf-co.re/events/2026/hackathon-march-2026#registration
cattyping 1
@Evangelos Karatzas I've labelled your proteinfamilies ones already for you as examples, thank you 🙏
checked 1
@Nicolas Vannieuwkerke @Yuxin Ning @Sarai @Daniel Lundin @Lili Andersson-Li @Matthias De Smet @Martin Beracochea @Louis Le Nézet @Daniel Straub @Carolin Schwitalla @mashehu @Franziska Bonath @Kübra Narcı @Phil Ewels @Gary Burnett @Jonas S @Nick Waters @Julian Uszkoreit @AMMAR SABIR @Ken Brewer @Anabella Trigila @Usman Reminder of the above! Reminder that adding your issues/tasks to the project board is a good way for potential contributors to get an idea of the scope of your project 🙂
✅ 3
👀 1
And if you're having problems adding to the board please shout
d
@Danilo Di Leo ☝️
l
Done !
❤️ 1
s
@Daniel_VM can you add your project too?
Done!
j
Wonderful thank you!
d
already done for nf-core/bacass 🙂
j
Where have yo uadded them?
Are y ou under the pipeline project or modules/subwrokflows?
d
j
Ah! We need them on the public board ideally: https://github.com/orgs/nf-core/projects/146
d
oh! got it. I'll fixed it
Done!
j
Wonderful, thank you Daniel!
@Nicolas Vannieuwkerke @Yuxin Ning @Daniel Lundin @Matthias De Smet @Daniel Straub @Carolin Schwitalla @mashehu @Franziska Bonath @Kübra Narcı @Phil Ewels @Gary Burnett @Jonas S @Nick Waters @Julian Uszkoreit @AMMAR SABIR @Ken Brewer @Usman Final reminder to add your issues to the proejct board!
If you are missing a project tag, please just shout!
n
thanks for the reminder, I'll do it now 🙂
m
Just did.. we will create a few more tickets for seqsubmit today/tomorrow 🙂