Mud beach: noon - sunset (~6p iirc)
Lanai, not using the stage, firing at the lanai, directly toward the back of the property): sunset - 1a
Acoustic/music instrument library: at the triangle turnout: afternoon - evening
07/12/2021, 4:17 PM
1. Stage near the Lanai. Tipsy did it right, using a truck as a stage and posting up very close to the Lanai pointed right at it. This is the best stage location I’ve seen at the venue (I’ve seen about 12 parties there?)
2. Lakeside (aka “Pearl Jam”) - I like the idea of setting up around here, by the lake basically. The sound system plays to the lake party.
3. Late night stage? We had a good time playing music late at Logger’s camp and it’s not too far out. Idk if this needs to be a “stage” or if it’s just a latenite hangouts with bluetooth spkrs?
haha similar list
Acoustic at the turnout is good too!
07/12/2021, 5:04 PM
2…do you mean setting the music up at the campsite above the beach?
Yeah, I remember this idea. I don’t find it particularly compelling, personally. I think people will prefer to sit in the shade on the beach than going to a sunny spot up top to dance. And the DJ won’t be able to see the beach and gauge energy/vibes from up there.
07/12/2021, 5:24 PM
We have a director of west coast entertainment who can decide final positioning for each stage. Let’s just agree this stage is “by the lake” and support Dave executing in the way he thinks is best
07/12/2021, 7:42 PM
A couple concerns is that the lake system of setup at Pearl Jam can double for a late night dance stage, where if setup on mud beach would be less safe and fun. I agree it would be MUCH better to be setup on the beach for both the participants and the DJ.
Maybe move it each day?
07/12/2021, 9:44 PM
i think we can run Night Time at Logger’s camp pretty well. Not a huge system, but we got away with gene’s 2 HyperBooms until 3am during tipsy, so if we could just do that again i’d be pretty happy
07/12/2021, 10:19 PM
Great - so it’s “sounding” like three systems:
1. Main PA with subs and full setup at Lanai. Power from generator (Gene’s). Matt’s RX2 for DJing
2. Secondary PA at mud beach. Power from Matt’s solar battery. Tyler’s controller for DJing
3. Small system of Hyperbooms at Loggers. DJ gear here may end up needing to move a controller there for night time, plus DJ Playlist
Do we have a production spreadsheet? I’d love to get a tab going and want to give visibility to y’all rather than a separate one
07/12/2021, 10:38 PM
We don’t have a relevant spreadsheet for this. Airtable is doing Registration and Vol Coordination. We have a google sheet for budget. We have ticketing in secretparty.
07/12/2021, 11:24 PM
FYI. Hyperbooms can’t play off anything but a phone, unless you give them a wired input signal. So if you want a DJ setup, we need to do that, or just have proper speakers. And unless the DJ setup is battery powered, we’d need a generator for that anyway…so we might as well use proper speakers. Does this make sense?