https://avo.cool logo
<@492751562872193025> I want to replicate how you ...
# general
w
@lemon-wall-20836 I want to replicate how you are testing the resource index map view. Are you running
bin/rails s
from inside the spec/dummy app folder, or do you have a test app set up in a different folder (or something else altogether)?
l
I tested with the first option and checking with the second one now
w
ok, good to know
l
I just tested it on an outside app too with the same result
in the GIF it was supposed to show that the CSS assets are from
/avo-assets
(packed), not from
asset/builds
(unpacked)
so, IDK why the dirrefent results. you're on a mac, right?
w
correct
I'm setting up the dummy app now
l
can you try forcing the mapbox height?
w
I'll try that
l
check your app to see if you have any global mapkick options too
w
ok
I figured it out
I already had
height: 100%
which clearly means 0 🤪
l
yup
w
I think it's 100% of the enclosing div, which happens to have a height of 0
l
yeah
w
now, I need to see if that affects the other issue I filed
it does not help that github has been dead in the water for >8 hrs now 😠
l
haha. yeah
w
ok, for the other issue (table not being hidden when browser shrinks) I can see now that we might want this to be a configurable option.
with that correction we just found, the map does stay on the page when I shrink the browser width which is good
and the view type toggle buttons now toggle between "just the table" and "map on top of table"
so that's much more in line with what I expected
l
hmmm, I see what you mean
I always thought about the map view to also have the table
but I get your point
that's why it's good we have the visible option for the table
2 Views