Guys, I got a bit confused with what I have read here and on some websites. Hope, you will help me to deal with my questions:
1) Is Airbyte free when installed on one's own server? If yes, is it going to change some time?
2) Does it provide some data transformation capabilities (e.g., I get something from DB, filter it, and insert it back to another table of DB)? It was mentioned somewhere about dbt, but dbt has only limited trial period.
3) Does it provide conditional routing of pipeline (e.g., if something was returned by sql-query - go that way, do that....)?
4) Can it send emails with csv attachments?
5) Can I migrate pipelines (with all kind of configurations) or the whole Airbyte instance to another server? Is there some sort of "dump"?
Marcos Marx (Airbyte)
01/24/2022, 10:35 PM
1. yes it’s free and open-source; Airbyte also have the managed service (Airbyte Cloud) to your connectors and infra where you need to pay for it, but the core project and connectors always will be free to use
2. yes, Airbyte use dbt to normalization and you can use custom transformations with dbt to customize as your wish;
3. no, (at least at this stage of the project) you only can create connection between source and destination (and add a custom transformation); of course you can use Airbyte with orchestration tools like Airflow, Dagster and Prefect to create more complex wotkflows
4. no, but probably something you can do using an orchestration tool
5. yes, you can download the configs and upload to another instance easily